CALL FOR PROPOSALS FOR 2019 ON PROMOTION OF WOMEN, GIRLS AND CHILDREN RIGTS IN TANZANIA
Women Fund Tanzania (WFT) is a grant making women’s rights fund that was registered in September 2008. The Fund focuses on supporting initiatives that are working towards promoting women, girls and children rights for empowerment and contributing towards growth of a strengthened women’s movement in the country. In order to enhance our Vision and Mission, thus contributing to the building of strong women’s rights organizations and movements, WFT is inviting applications under its three funding windows as follows:
1. SMALL SCALE WINDOW (TSH 7,000,000 – TSH15,000,000)Under this window, small scale organizations promoting rights of women, girls and children can secure funds to work on the following thematic areas:
- Violence against women, girls and children with a particular focus on interventions addressing issues of sexual corruption/sextortion at different levels.
- Economic women rights including interventions directed at enhancing rights and participation of women, girls and children in the extractive industries (Mining, Oil, and Gas) and related others.
- Environmental justice rights with interventions towards strengthening voices and participation of women, girls and children in addressing issues of climate change, forest, land, water and related others.
- Constitutional, election and leadership rights for women, girls and children.
- Educational rights for girls and children.
- Young women leadership development/mentorship programs within different contexts, including migrant contexts
- Research and documentation of “her” stories of women, girls and children for visibility and lessons of their contributions across the women’s movement.
2. MEDIUM SCALE FUNDING WINDOW (TSH 15,000,000 – 50,000,000)Project Proposal under the above thematic areas will be considered under the medium sized funding window as well, with a focus on initiatives for supporting women, girls and children rights organizations to build/strengthen relevant conceptual and organizational capacity, expertise, networking and knowledge sharing with the women and girls ’movement
3. STRATEGIC FUNDING WINDOW (TSH 50,000,000 – above )Under this window, we are looking to invest and partner with relatively large organizations/or platforms within the various women, girls and children’s movements possessing relevant institutional capacity, expertise, networking and local knowledge to work with other partners (both local and national) to strengthen women’s movement building strategies across the sectors.
Within this frame, we are accepting proposals aimed at initiating and scaling up interventions that promote collective/joint advocacy actions, cross border platforms, writing skills development, networking and learning within the various sectors of women and girls’ movement/s in the country.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FORWhen making funding decisions we are looking for organisations that have:
1. MISSION ALIGNED
Partners who share our aspiration of contributing towards elimination of discriminatory gender inequalities’ practices and processes through capacity enhancement and women movement building, and whose work fits within our identified thematical areas.
2. CLARITY ON THE ISSUES TO BE ADDRESSED BY THE PROJECT
- The Concept Note should ensure strong link between the problem to be addressed and the strategies and measurable results anticipated from the project.
- The Concept Note should reflect a multi-stakeholder participation in formulation and implementation,(especially for window 2&3).
- The Concept Note should reflect efforts towards building partnerships between women’s rights organizations in different sectors of the movement with the purpose of forming/strengthening functional networks, coalitions and platforms.
- The Concept Note should demonstrate sustainability, innovativeness, replicability and potential to demonstrate and document models that can be taken to larger scale.
More Specific Requirements:
Application for these Grants will follow this process:
1. Submission of a Concept Note (5-7 pages max) describing the proposed idea or initiative.
2. Concept note submitted should have the following attachments: -
- Copy of registration
- Organizational constitution
3. You must fill in the forms for grant application available in WFT’s website: www.wft.or.tz. The forms are also available in WFT’s office (during working hours) located at Mikoroshini Street (Msasani) Dar es Salaam, house no. 659. The filled form should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Those in envelopes should be addressed to:
- The Executive Director, WFT, P.O. Box 79235, Dar es Salaam
- Any enquiries should be made through mobile phone: +255 753 912130
4. The deadline for submission shall be on Saturday, 23rd February 2019 at 14:00 hour’s local time. Selected Organizations will be notified before 15th March, 2019. If you are not contacted by then, regard your application to have been unsuccessful.